You probably understand that the affiliate marketing main goal and idea are straightforward and effective compared with others. You must sign up for a particular program, sell someone else’s service or product and pay a commission for each sale from your website.
The best thing about it is that you do not have to think about products and focus on building demand and traffic. It would be best to reach as many people as possible through influencer campaigns, blogging reviews, and video clips. Therefore, affiliate marketing is one of the simplest ways to earn money online.
The main problem is that most people think that affiliate promotions are all about getting rich without doing anything. However, it is the worst advice you can find on the market. However, if you think about your audience and do it ethically, you can easily reach more people and monetize your blog.
Suppose you wish to learn everything about affiliate marketing. In that case, you should click here for additional info. Still, you should avoid basing the entire profit on affiliates, meaning you can implement your services and products as time goes by. Still, you can take advantage of it to pay bills and handle daily goals, but it is challenging to become a millionaire with it.
You can choose a wide array of affiliate networks and experiment with different digital marketing strategies to reach as many people as possible, from PPC (pay-per-click) advertising to search engine optimization.
Therefore, if you wish to generate an affiliate income, you should think about these things and tips that will help you out with the process. Let us start from the beginning.
Own Your Audience
Back in the day, marketers had built numerous pages on different platforms to reach more people than before. According to Google Trends, it is a form of bum marketing, but it is not effective anymore. Besides, the past featured numerous thin-content websites to promote Amazon products.
Then, the Panda update entered Google, and a million sites dropped from the search engine result page (SERP), which created a new perspective. You cannot depend on third-party platforms and website providers to get your traffic and audience.
At the same time, Google is continually changing algorithms, Facebook is altering a reach, and social networks may affect your overall situation. It would be best if you thought about owning your audience based on the latest changes and trends.
Bridge Pages vs. Owned Audience
After taking advantage of affiliate marketing, you can either rent your audience through bridge pages and platforms or own them altogether. It is vital to understand the difference before you make up your mind.
What is Bridge Page?
Based on numerous definitions, bridge pages are doorway sites with the primary purpose to take the audience to a third-party site. Therefore, people create them to reach organic visitors and bring them onto a site with an affiliate offer.
You can create a bridge page by writing a blog post on Blogger.com, an article on HubPages, and make thin content standalone websites without community activities and social media footprint. Visitors will not interact with them, but enter inside, click on a link, and leave.
As you can see, bridge pages are not a perfect solution for creating a stable and efficient user experience. We can differentiate four reasons why they are bad for your marketing campaign:
- Lack of Value – You should know that bridge pages do not offer value to the potential audience. Besides, they are bad for your business because Google can penalize you are for the process.
- Unstable – Since you will use third-party sites and platforms, you may suffer a drop in ranking in case algorithm changes.
- No Brand – Surfers will forget about your site as soon as they leave it. Therefore, you will not achieve the same level of conversion you wanted in the first place.
What is Owned Audience?
It is vital to remember that an audience with direct access to your website and content is owned audience. Therefore, you can rest assured and avoid relying on third-party platforms to reach more people than before.
At the same time, if Google changes policies or social media updates the organic search algorithm, you can implement changes and tap it through blog posts, tweets, and emails. The best thing about it is creating a meaningful relationship with visitors. It means they will not just enter your site and leave it but start to believe trust, and support you.
You probably know numerous online influencers and celebrities that have thousands of people on email subscriber lists. Therefore, people are following their posts religiously, meaning they have a direct relationship.
Two essential characteristics define owned audience:
- Trust – Since the readers wish to create a relationship with you, they must see you as an authority figure in a particular field. That will build higher trust and help you monetize it through affiliate deals with third-party marketplaces.
- Access – You will have direct access to visitors, readers, and viewers. You can communicate with them by using numerous channels such as tweets, videos, and emails.
It means readers will not enter your site at once and go away in seconds. Since the ping rate will affect your search engine rankings, you should find ways to make them stay, follow you on social media, share and recommend your posts to friends.
We can differentiate numerous reasons for owning your audience instead of making other means for reaching them all together:
- Generate More Sales – Compared with bridge pages, you can reach an audience each time you launch a product, make a new post, or upload a video.
- Higher Stability – Since you will not rely on a single channel for reaching traffic, you can survive sudden algorithm and policy changes on Twitter, Facebook, Google, and other platforms you use.
- Perfect for Future Product Owners – When you decide to become a product owner, you do not have to build an audience from scratch. Instead, you will have owned audience that will offer you peace of mind and the ability to become more successful than before.
The main question most people ask is how to own an audience. We can differentiate three approaches you should consider, such as:
- Implement Email List – You should know that email marketing is still one of the most effective and can offer you the highest return on investment compared with other digital marketing strategies and channels. You can implement pop-ups and content upgrades to help them leave their emails with ease.
- Boost Social Media Profiles – Another option is to increase the number of followers and likes by sharing relevant, informative, and engaging content.
- Increase Retargeting Lists – Retargeting is one of the most effective ways to boost your affiliate earnings. Therefore, you should grow it as time goes by, which will help you access a hungry and proven audience.
Visit this link: https://www.thebalancesmb.com/can-you-really-make-money-with-affiliate-marketing-1794168 to learn how to make money with affiliate marketing.
Create a Backup Offer
We can differentiate numerous factors that can affect and kill a marketing campaign, including:
- Pulled from the market due to other better performing affiliate marketers
- The product changed payment terms, making your campaign unsustainable
- Conversion rates fall due to overly-saturated offers available
- CTR goes down because people do not wish to purchase anything.
We have presented you with a few reasons why a campaign can break and affect your situation. Therefore, you should be a few steps ahead to prevent this disaster. The simplest option is having a backup offer, which will provide you peace of mind.
A backup offer is a plan B or secondary provided if the first one falls. Therefore, if you are using a WordPress theme, your introductory offer is to take advantage of Thrive Themes to make it highly appealing. However, if a particular design does not convert people, you can choose other themes from different creators, such as ThemeForest or Woo Themes.
The main goal is to think about your readers, meaning you should avoid doing anything for commission. Instead, if you can get a few options, you should do it before anything happens.
Implementing a backup offer comes with a few advantages, such as:
- Increase Sales – You can offer an alternative approach to many visitors. Therefore, if they do not wish to purchase product A, you can use product B to ensure higher sales than before.
- Insurance – If your primary campaign and offer fail due to numerous factors, you will have an alternative to reduce the potential problems you face and offer you a return on investment shortly.
- Boost Conversion Rates – You can choose multiple offers against each other to determine which one is the best for your requirements.
Tips for Finding Backup Offers
You can search for backup offers by following these steps:
- Use Different Platforms to Search for Best Offers – You can take advantage of target keywords to find the best affiliate directories and options. That way, you can create a list of products based on keyword, network, and type, which will help you out with the process.
- Use Google – You should type a related keyword into a search box, and you can find the potential website that will offer you affiliates. You can conduct comprehensive research on different products and whether you should use them for affiliate campaigns or not.
- Talk With Affiliate Manager – Suppose you use large networks such as MaxBounty. In that case, you will have an affiliate manager who will help you out with the process. It would be best to ask them about similar offers and chances to prevent potential losses if a first campaign does not go the way you planned.
Track Your Links
It is vital to track your links, which will help you promote your website. For instance, if you avoid doing it, you will not know from where visitors reached you. According to marketing coaches, you should think about these steps.
At the same time, if you do not know where your sale came from, it would be challenging to create a campaign that will target them altogether. Therefore, tracking links will help you to:
- Analyze which marketing strategy provides you the best return on investment
- Track what pages are bringing you the most revenue, meaning you should take advantage of them and create even more
- Understand the most effective and converting keywords
- Detect whether fraud companies are using your traffic to generate sales
Affiliate marketing without link tracking is like spinning in circles blindfolded and shooting darts from two-hundred feet.
How to Do It?
Back in the day, tracking links was a problematic endeavor since you had to handle spreadsheets, use individual links, and track everything manually. However, you can use numerous automated options to provide you with peace of mind.
These steps will help you track affiliate links:
- Install Thirsty Affiliates – You can use a free plugin for cloaking and tracking affiliate links, mainly if you use the WordPress platform for your website. We recommend you install it from a dashboard.
- Implement Thirsty Affiliates Add-On – You can find numerous add-ons to obtain click statistics and tracking simultaneously. The best thing about it is deep traffic analytics for individual links, real-time data, and bot filtering. Therefore, if you wish to take your website to the next level, we recommend buying this add-on.
- Add Tracking IDs to Your Links – It is vital to implement a unique tracking ID to affiliate links as soon as you install the add-on. It would be best if you kept them identifiable.
- Create Numerous Links and Use Them in Content – As soon as you create affiliate links with tracking IDs, you can implement them within your content. You should check out the WordPress dashboard if you wish to get traffic and stats analysis.
It is vital to remember that you can see which pages generate sales by tagging affiliate links, which is an important consideration.
As you can see from everything mentioned above, you can take advantage of these tricks to take your official website to the next level. Of course, we can differentiate more tips that will help you, meaning you should read other guides or get help from professionals beforehand.