It is not too early to start playing your SEO strategy for 2019. If you want to stay ahead of your competition, you have to familiarize yourself with the upcoming trends and plan out your implementation strategy for each.
In 2018, Google shook the World Wide Web with its mobile and speed efforts in website ranking. Therefore, you can expect the same initiatives to be key 2019 SEO ranking factor. However, there are also other crucial “non-Google” website ranking aspects that will be a massive influence on how you work out your Search Engine Optimization action plan. Here are some trends recommended by the best SEO services in Singapore.
- Mobile-First Indexing
What is mobile first indexing? This is the use of the mobile versions of your Web Pages to index and rank your site. Since March 2018, Google began migrating a website to mobile-first index – you’ve probably have been notified about by Search Console.
What to do:
- If you haven’t already, ensure that your site is mobile-friendly.
- Perform a website audit to ensure that search engine spiders crawl your mobile pages. You can use the Website Auditor plugin.
- Track and optimize the loading speed of your mobile pages. PageSpeed Insights is a great tool you can use.
- Regularly check that your site pages deliver flawless user experience. The Website Auditor tool will also help you in tweaking your site performance.
- Page Speed
Google put tremendous efforts into ensuring that webmasters deliver the best user experience, especially faster page loads. For the longest time, the page loading time on desktops has been crucial ranking factors. Today, website admins also have to ensure that their mobile sites have efficient page speed as well if they are targeting on ranking top on SERPs. Check out your page speed score here at GTMetrix.
What to do:
Your website optimization score is the most important factor for ranking. Google has a comprehensive list of site optimization tips that you might want to check out and implement. The secret is always to target the highest optimization score.
- Branding as a Ranking Factor
Google’s search algorithms monitor online brand mentions and use the results as ranking signals in either of two ways;
– Analyzing unlinked brand mentions and discovering your brand as an authority in a specific niche thus giving your site some ranking boost.
– Analyzing brand mentions to determine your website reputation and trust authority. The more positive other brands think about your website, the better your site will rank.
What to do:
- Backlinks will remain a significant ranking signal in 2019. However, linkless backlinks will play a vital role in ranking your website, therefore, mention your exact brand name online at every chance you get, but make sure it appears natural.
- Monitor and manage your reputation online. In case you get negative reviews from customers, make sure you engage them and solve any issues so you can build a more positive brand.
- Use influencer marketing to talk about your brand.
- Reverse-engineer your competitors branding strategies. Find out how they are growing awareness to their brand and who are mentioning them, then replicate or mirror their efforts.
At Digital Agency Novatise, they have dedicated their managed SEO Services in doing pure guest posting to build the best backlinks for their clients.
These three trends will put you well on course to ranking on top of Google in 2019!